We welcome your feedback on the Toolkit.
- Select Launch from the menu above.
- Select your research topic – dugongs, seagrass or human communities.
- Select questions from the options and follow to an endpoint.
- To help you decide which technique or tool to use, information about the cost, scale and technical capacity of each technique or tool is summarised. Click on a heading (for example ‘cost’) to find out what it means.
- Once you have decided which technique or tool suits your research question, capacity and budget, click on it. You will be taken to the Guidelines that provide more information on the technique or tool, important points to consider and useful external resources (for ecample articles, books, manuals) if you want to find out more.
- You can access additional information from some of the characters that will show up on screen.
- The diver (symbol) will take you to further information and useful links.
- The dugong (symbol) will provide you with helpful warnings to help guide your research question.
- At the top left corner of the screen you can see how far you have gone in the Toolkit.
- If you cross over into another stream, for example from dugong to seagrass, you will see a flag pop up on screen to tell you.
- Once you reach an end point, you will be presented with a series of techniques or tools that could be used to answer your research question.
- You can also view or print a summary of the steps that you have taken to get to your endpoint. This can provide a useful record for your decision-making process, and can also be used to justify why you selected a particular technique or tool.
- At any time while using the toolkit, you can scroll up or down to see the questions that you have previously answered.
- If you would like to restart the toolkit, select the icon in the top left.