Skip to content
- To start using the Toolkit, select Launch from the menu above.
- Select which topic you are interested in researching: dugongs, seagrass or human communities.
- This will take you to the first question of that topic, and you are now using the Dugong and Seagrass Research Toolkit.
- The Toolkit will guide you through a series of questions before arriving at an endpoint.
- As you progress through the questions of the toolkit, you can access additional information from some of the characters that will show up on screen.
- The diver will tell you with further information and useful links while
- The dugong will provide you with helpful warnings to help guide your research question.
- As you move through the Toolkit, you will be advised if you cross over into another stream.
- Once you get to an endpoint, you will be presented with a series of methods or techniques that could be used to answer your research question.
- To help you decide which method or technique to use, information about the cost, scale and technical capacity of each method or technique is summarised. For a description of what each of these mean, click on the heading (i.e. ‘cost’).
- Once you have decided which technique or method suits your situation, click on it to be taken to the Guidelines. These Guidelines provide information on the method or technique, considerations and useful resources if you want to find out more.
- You can also view or print a summary of the steps you have taken to get to your endpoint. This can provide a useful record of your decision-making process, and can also be used to justify why you selected a particularly technique or method.
- At any time while using the toolkit, you can scroll up or down to see the questions that you have previously answered.
- If you would like to restart the toolkit, select the icon in the top left.
Trigger Top 50
Trigger Top 70
Trigger Top 100